Sunday, December 7, 2008

Cadillac Records the Movie

Cadillac Records the movie was (honestly) a really good movie. Beyonce was great (that really is not a bias opinion). I don't think her role in the film is Oscar worthy as the buzz is in Hollywood, but she truly turned the Etta James character out. She played her with what my friends and I call "a really stank attitude" that you just love.

One of my favorite actors, who I've seen at the Public Theater, Jeffery Wright plays Muddy Waters. Adrien Brody was good and although he was the lead. I felt he was mostly supporting the supporting character; which means he did a great job because that is what Leneord Chess, the character he plays, did. Columbus Short does an amazing Little Walter and I found myself excited to see what he would do next throughout watching the film. Eamon Walker does a haunting Howlin Wolf. Finally, Mos Def is a truly hilarious Chuck Berry. The cars are highlights of being taken back in time. We must give major props when they are due and acknowledge the business woman that Beyonce Knowles is as the Executive Producer of this film. I do believe that because of the overall the casting and the way the story was laid out, there should be an Oscar acknowledgment for the film. Here is a taste:






Here is a taste of the legendary Etta James:


At this posting the film came in at number 9 with one more day to go. It opened in limited theaters, 686. The current leading film is in 4 times as many theaters, so I see this film riding a slow wave to the top from the number one marketing rule in business, "word of mouth."

0 comments:

 
blog template by suckmylolly.com